- Create your own unique poured painting on canvas.
- Use real acrylic paints in a variety of colors, including metallic, with an option for glitter at the end.
- Learn about happy accidents in art, and how you can help make them happen.
- I’ll tell you the tips I’ve learned from making hundreds of poured paintings, so you’ll be set up for success.
- Enjoy a relaxed, stress reducing, and supportive environment.
- Great for a date, exploring your creative side, or helping your child explore their creativity.
- Children 3 years old and older can participate.
- It’s a quick technique, so make as many paintings as you want, and give them as holiday and birthday gifts for the next year. You can even do 10, 15, or 20 paintings; just add that to your cart and checkout, and be ready to hang out for a while.
- LGBTQ+ and poly friendly.
Wear clothes you don’t mind getting paint on, with short sleeves. The paint does not wash out. You can change clothes when you arrive and leave if you like. PJs or workout clothes are fine. I have a leave your shoes at the door policy. I will send the address right before the event. Please arrive on time. We’ll start at 2; feel free to come at 1:45.
I’ll give a demo, then everyone will make their painting one by one, and I’ll be there right next to you to help. This is a very fast technique, but it can be messy. Kids and parents will be first in line, then everyone else, then we’ll cycle through anyone who has signed up for additional paintings.
Parents: My space is small, not child proof, and it has a lot of things that could be easily damaged if touched (including delicate plants). I’m welcoming kids for this workshop, but parents will need to keep a close eye on them and make sure they are entertained and can sit still. Please leave any toddlers with the sitter. I love them and I don’t want to incur their wrath. I’ll help your child make the painting; you’ll be in charge of the rest. Feel free to bring devices/books/toys to help with that. I’ll just say a few sentences about happy accidents, do the demo, and we’ll dive in, with kids and parents at the front of the line, to make it easier on you. If you sign up for multiple paintings, they will be waiting until everyone else does their first one before they do their second.
If you can’t make it to the workshop after you’ve registered, please let me know as soon as you are aware. I purchase supplies and tools just for the workshops so I’ll refund your payment minus a $5 deposit per person, or you can gift your participation to someone else, just let me know their name and email address.
This workshop is limited to people I know, KCL, and their partners/friends/family. Located close to downtown Overland Park, KS.
This is part of an ongoing series of workshops that comprehensively cover the principles of art, plus other basic art concepts. Complete all the workshops, and you’ll have lots of art you love to fill up your home, the confidence to explore making art on your own, and the knowledge to discuss art in-depth.